Took my grandchildren and husband to see my two paintings in the Cardiff gallery – MADE in Roath. Another special moment for me.
Continued to hunt for a bungalow for my mum to buy so she can move closer to me. It’s such a big step for her at 90. Also it’s difficult for me too. So many worries about this.
Christmas arrived at speed. Christmas Day at my son’s house was new this year – manic with 2 very excited grandchildren. Boxing Day with my other son and his two great dogs was just as good. I think I actually enjoyed Christmas!!!!!!!!
Now I need to think about the last four years. What did I plan to do when I retired?
1. Clear out all the mountains of STUFF I brought home from my Art room and office after 100 terms at the same school.
2. Swim or walk somewhere every day.
3. Play for a minimum of one day per week with my granddaughter – no rules.
4. Find out about volunteering to help somebody.
5. Join in with a kindness every day.
6. Have lots of long lunches with other retirees/escapees.
7. Sleep in. Get up later than normal alarm setting – later than 7 am.
8. Think and do art.
9. Plan visits abroad
10. Phone mum every day.
11. Don’t die yet.
12. Laugh with someone more often.
Well what a list…….
I have made a start on number 1. Plenty to do.
Completed and continuing number 2-5.
Number 6 – occasionally – need to do that more.
Number 7 – Alarm set to 7.10a.m. by hubby but I don’t get up then, listen to the radio, read, get up slowly.
Number 8-11 completed and continuing.
Number 12 – still to do.
I don’t think I’ll add anymore goals that’s certainly sufficient for the moment!